Ticketing Terms & Conditions
Before proceeding with your purchase, please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. You must not complete your purchase unless you agree with these Terms and Conditions.
The Melbourne Queer Film Festival 2023 will screen from 9 November – 19 November 2023 at venues across Melbourne (“Festival Venues”).
Melbourne Queer Film Festival
General Terms and Conditions
1. Terms and Conditions
1) The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to customers who purchase tickets for sessions and events (“you”) at the Melbourne Queer Film Festival Incorporated (“MQFF”):
(a) at the venues where the sessions and events take place; and
(b) at any other venue where tickets to MQFF sessions and events are available for purchase.
2) These Terms and Conditions are in addition to any terms and conditions that may be applied by any venue where ticket to MQFF sessions and events are sold.
3) In these Terms and Conditions, a reference to ticket or tickets includes a reference to any multi-ticket pass.
2. Amendments to terms and conditions
1) MQFF may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time, by updating them on its website.
2) By making a purchase from the MQFF, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as they stand at the time of your purchase.
3. Purchase of tickets
1) All ticket prices for sessions and events that occur or are provided in Australia are stated in Australian Dollars.
2) Ticket sales for particular sessions and events may be subject to limits on the number of tickets a particular person may purchase. At its discretion, MQFF may cancel or refuse to accept orders which it believes are placed in excess of any such limits. This includes orders associated with the same name, email address, billing address, credit card number.
4. Refunds, exchanges and replacements
1) All purchases made to MQFF are non-refundable.
2) In the event that you have purchased a ticket to an MQFF event or session that is cancelled by MQFF, at your election, MQFF will either:
a) offer you a ticket to an alternative event or session if possible;
b) where the event or session was booked as part of a multi-ticket pass, allow you to book an alternative event or session on the same multi-ticket pass; or
c) provided an application is made no less than 24 hours prior to the date of any rescheduled session or event, provide a full refund of the ticket price.
3) If the amount you pay for a ticket is incorrect, MQFF may cancel that ticket (or the order for that ticket) and refund to you the amount that you paid.
4) Subject to clause 4(2) and 4(3):
a) all single tickets for regular cinema sessions are non-refundable but can, subject to availability, be exchanged for an equal or lesser value ticket online for a fee of $1.50 per ticket, or in person or by phone for $3.00 per ticket. Any cost difference between the two tickets will not be refunded. Single ticket exchanges and pass exchanges close two (2) hours prior to the session or event start time; and
b) tickets to sessions and events other than regular cinema sessions (including opening night, closing night and special events) cannot be exchanged or refunded.
5) Session or event tickets may be exchanged only where expressly permitted by MQFF. Where exchanges are permitted, they may be subject to certain conditions, and additional fees may also apply.
6) Tickets for sessions and events at MQFF venues are valid only when purchased from MQFF, or from a person authorised by MQFF to sell or distribute tickets.
7) Tickets cannot, without MQFF’s prior written consent, be on-sold at a premium, offered as a prize or inducement, packaged or otherwise used for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. MQFF reserves the right to refuse admission to the bearer, or cancel the ticket without a refund, of any ticket sold or otherwise provided or distributed in breach of this condition.
5. Multi-ticket passes
1) Multi-ticket passes cannot be refunded in full or part.
2) Sessions booked on an All-In Pass can be exchanged or cancelled free of charge online, by phone or in person. For other passes, an exchange fee applies, being $1.50 online, or $3.00 by phone, in person or over the counter. Exchanges close two (2) hours prior to the session or event start time.
3) Other than All-In Passes, multi-ticket passes can only be used to book regular cinema sessions. Tickets to sessions other than regular cinema sessions, such as special events, must be purchased separately.
4) To guarantee entry, holders of multi-ticket passes must pre-book all sessions on their pass (subject to availability).
5) All passes (except for the Double Pass) are for a single person’s use and are not transferable to any other person.
If you do not receive a confirmation number (in the form of a confirmation page or email) after submitting payment information, it is your responsibility to confirm with MQFF that your order has been successfully placed. MQFF will not be responsible for any losses you incur if you assume that an order was successfully placed having not received a confirmation number.
7. Companion Card Scheme
1) A valid Companion Card or valid Companion Card Number must be produced at the time of the booking to gain access to the Companion Card Scheme offer. Details of use are contained on the Companion Card website www.companioncard.org.au.
2) Companion Card Tickets cannot be booked online. These can be booked through the MQFF office.
8. Changes to sessions and events
MQFF reserves the right to change particulars of a session or event without prior notice. Films, artists or performers may be added, withdrawn or substituted for specific sessions or events.
9. Admission to MQFF and its venues
1) These Terms and Conditions are conditions both for the sale of a ticket and are conditions of attendance at the event or session. By purchasing a ticket, or attending an event or session, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
2) MQFF reserves the right to deny in its absolute discretion any person admission to the festival and to its venues.
3) Entry to the festival and to its venues is at an individual’s own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, MQFF will not be responsible for any loss, damage, harm or injury arising from a person’s entry to the festival, or their attendance at an event or session at a festival venue.
4) Admission to venues that are not run by MQFF is governed by both these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant venue. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of and comply with all relevant terms and conditions. By accepting these Terms and Conditions you accept this responsibility.
5) All persons seeking admittance to attend an event or session must have a valid ticket.
6) Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and for admission to the festival venue.
7) Latecomers will be only admitted during a suitable break or as determined by MQFF. Under some circumstances this may mean the latecomer misses the session or event in its entirety.
8) No photography, audio or video recording by patrons is permitted inside the festival venue/s.
9) Any bag or item larger than A4 must be cloaked and may be subject to inspection.
10) It is a condition of entry to an event or session that a search of a person and / or their possessions may be required at the time of the entry to the festival venue. If you do not consent to such searches, you may be denied entry to the festival venue without refund.
11) It is a condition of entry to an event or session that you and any dependants accompanying you conduct yourself in a manner which does not interfere with, disrupt or offend other persons who are attending the event or session or who are present at the premises. In particular, MQFF will not tolerate, and reserves the right to remove, any person who engages in:
a) abusive behaviour
b) behaviour that is discriminatory on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality or religion
c) behaviour that is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic or trans-exclusionary
d) sexual harassment of other patrons, MQFF staff, MQFF volunteers or the general public
10. Use of your image
By attending an event or session, unless you otherwise opt-out, you grant MQFF permission to film or photograph you, and to reproduce that film or photograph in any audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction in any medium or context without further authorisation by, or compensation to, you. If you wish to opt-out of any filming or photography, please alert event photographers so you are not captured in images.
11. Melbourne Queer Film Festival accounts
You will be asked to provide MQFF with your current address and other contact information when you purchase tickets from MQFF, or open an account, via the MQFF website or otherwise. When you do so, you agree to provide MQFF with your current, complete, and accurate information. For further information, please see our Privacy Statement, available online at https://mqff.com.au/privacy/.
12. Cancellations due to adverse weather
MQFF’s outdoor cinema will occasionally be impacted by adverse weather. We will continue with screenings where possible, and cancel only in circumstances where the weather will inhibit the screening. The decision to cancel a screening or move the screening to another suitable venue is made by MQFF at its discretion, and can be made at any time prior to or during the screening.
By purchasing a ticket to MQFF’s outdoor cinema, patrons accept that weather conditions may be unsatisfactory during the screening, and acknowledge that tickets will not be refunded or reissued unless a screening is officially cancelled by MQFF.
13. Application of the Australian Consumer Law
1) In respect of the services supplied under these Terms and Conditions, subject to clause 13(2), unless these services are “services of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption”, as that expression is used in section 3 of the Australian Consumer Law, the liability of MQFF for loss, however caused (including by the negligence of MQFF), suffered or incurred by the customer because of a failure to comply with a consumer guarantee (as per the Australian Consumer Law) is limited to MQFF (at its election):
a. resupplying the services; or
b. paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
2) Clause 13(1) does not apply in relation to a guarantee pursuant to any of sections 51, 52 or 53 of the Australian Consumer Law or if it is not “fair or reasonable” for the purposes of section 64A of the Australian Consumer Law for MQFF to rely on them.
3) Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify rights which the customer may have under the Australian Consumer Law which may not be excluded, restricted or modified.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by Victorian law. The Victorian courts (and the courts of appeal from them) have non-exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or complaints about MQFF, please contact us on the details below:
Telephone: 0466 643 976
Email address: email@example.com
Address: Victorian Pride Centre, 1B, 79-81 Fitzroy St, St Kilda, VIC 3182
Effective Date: 4 October 2023