Submissions for the 2017 Melbourne Queer Film Festival are now closed.
Each year MQFF screens over 120 features, shorts and documentaries from Australia and around the world. With an annual audience of 20,000 MQFF is a highlight of Melbourne's busy cultural calendar and screens across three venues including the state of the art Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI).
MQFF recognises local and international filmmaking talent through our Awards Program which includes prizes for Best Australian Short Film and Best Feature. In 2016 we awarded the following:
- City of Melbourne Best Australian Short ($3,000 and automatic nomination to the Iris Prize): Nineteen
- Lisa Daniel and Claire Jackson Award for Best Feature - International or Australian ($3,000): Closet Monster
- David McCarthy Award for Best Documentary - International or Australian ($2,000): Remembering The Man
- Film Victoria Award for Best Director Australian Short ($1,000): The Summer of ABC Burns
- Shaun Miller Lawyers Award for Emerging Australian Filmmaker ($500): Oasis